1

1

Friday, September 3, 2010

"You, Mommy."

I am in constant awe of my daughter. I know ALL parents are in awe of their children, but I am seriously amazed by my daughter on a daily basis.  The things she says are really precious right now, and I try to remember each night to write these memories down, so I can look back when she is too cool for me and say, "See you used to adore me!"

We had a busy day yesterday.  Nevermind that we have not been sleeping that well since Mar has been waking at 4 am or falling out of her big girl bed in the middle of night, but we still have things to do and places to go.  We hit our Thursday storytime at the library, did our weekly grocery shopping and then had our normal family supper.  I decided to make a new brownie recipe at about 7 pm, and of course, Mar stood at the oven watching them cook, whimpering, "I need brownies!"  So, I convinced her to take a bath first and then she could help me make the whipped cream and eat one before bed.  Bad mom? Nah!

My little bug and her big girl bed. 

So we did all that, and as I held her after we read our book and before Daddy came in to say our prayers, I asked her what her favorite thing about the day was.  Now, mind you, we did Ring Around the Rosie at storytime and just fed her brownies, so I am thinking one of those events would be number one.  She looked up at me and said, "You, Mommy."  Wow.  Mush.  How much has God blessed me?

No comments:

Post a Comment