1

1

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Perspective

As I was reading my Bible yesterday during my 10 minutes of allowed quiet time (read: sitting outside under the trees while Mar runs around the backyard.) I came across Proverbs 17:1 "Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting with strife."  Ah, a verse for busy moms everywhere.

I can relate to the need to get it all done and done well.  The need to have the clean house, clean children, happy husband, delicious meals, checkbook balanced, general utopia.  Well, the reality is that that kind of life is unnatainable, at least not without some cost. 

I think when you busy yourself with perfecting your life you miss out on the precious, the mundane yet spectacular.  The "Mommy, come look at this spider!"  The laughter you share with your hubby late at night when you laugh at a joke that only the two of you would ever find funny.  Sure, I could be scrubbing baseboards or getting my highlights done, but will any of that matter in five years?  In five minutes?  So, I resolve to love the Lord and follow his lead, support my hubby and love him like crazy, and raise my little bug with peace and fun and joy.  The rest will fall into place.  Including the baseboards. 

1 comment: