Well, this has been a long week for the Dunbars. Daddy has been in Belgium on business since the 30th. I had the flu for about four days starting on the 28th when Ned was out of town on another trip to Chicago... sigh. So, this means we had to do Halloween without Ned. Not a big deal, but it did make me a little sad when I saw other Daddies holding their kiddos hands out and about trick or treating.
So, we made the best of it and hung out with our besties, Liz and Reese. Her parents (Mimi and Popo to Marleigh now since that is what Reese calls them) were gracious enough to host us for dinner and visiting and then trick or treating in their neighborhood in Floresville. We only hit a few houses, but the girls had a good time until some teenage boy (read: fool that I almost decked) scared the girls. Reese was done at that point and did not calm down until we got back to the house. The sugar helped to ease her fears, I think.
Mar and I kept busy while Dad was away--movies, a special trip to Funtastic Playland in San Antonio with Miss Gina and Clark, hot cocoa, and picnics filled our days. She is a hoot these days, so sweet and funny!
So, today, the 6th, Daddy is on American soil but not yet home to Texas as I type. I have missed him so much... We have never been apart this long since we married. Marleigh was fine all week, we had a great time, but I just missed talking to him and sleeping next to him. I am cooking a big dinner of comfort food for him to celebrate tonight-- and he brought presents! Yea!
Next week we will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary, and I could not feel more blessed at this point to have such a hard-working, kind, wonderful man to share it with. Now come home already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment