1

1

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween and a little politics

We had a great Halloween, although it was certainly different from years past.  For the last several Halloweens, we have trick or treated with our dear friends, the Urbanczyks back in South Texas.  This year we hit up the Fall Festival at the church we are visisting and then hit up Azle and did some impromptu traditional trick or treating. 

The idea.  The construction.  Making Saturn a reality. 
For those that do not know, Mar is obsessed with the solar system and had requested to be Saturn, her favorite planet.  Ned took on this challenge, and man did he deliver.  I honestly tried to talk her into something a little "easier" and then immediatley felt guilty and Ned and I decided to make it happen, no matter how challenging.  We decided that Tate would be her "alien."




Ready to go!

Sassy.

 
The highlight of the night, for me anyway, came when we approached a house while trick or treating.  The homeowners had a Romney/Ryan sign in their yard.  Since we took Mar with us to vote this week, I took this opportunity to build on that lesson and point out the sign to her.  She promptly told the homeowners, "Yeah, we have Obama now, he is el stinko!"  I almost died, but quickly realized that she is just a product of two conservative voters.  I was kinda proud!
 
 
We also visited a small pumpking patch about a week back.  This place was super cute.  Got a few good shots of the nuggets.
 



 
Now, on to Thanksgiving!  We are hosting my whole family this year and I could not be more excited!  Looking forward to creating new memories in our Springtown home.  Have a great weekend everyone. 


1 comment:

  1. The costumes turned out so stinking cute!! And I died laughing about what Mar said about Obama!

    ReplyDelete