1

1

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Five years...

For those of you with children who have hit the five year old milestone, did you feel a little bit of loss?  I am mourning the end of toddler-hood, preschool, a slower pace... Where did that time go?  I could not be more proud of the person Marleigh has become.  She truly is an exceptional little girl but, I wouldn't mind transporting back to the days when she was Tater's age... a time when we napped together in our big bed and I had to make sure she did not roll off.  A time with she said hoppital instead of hospital.  A time when she was, well, littler. 


And while I miss those days, I look ahead with a mama's pride.  We are starting a new chapter--school!  I am beyond excited (and apprehensive, nauseous and tense) about starting our homeschool adventure this year.  She will do great and I know we will make memories for the next five years.  And the five years after that...



 


 


 
 
 
So, for now Marleigh is a big five year old.  (Which she will tell you, is "like, a whole hand, mom!")
 
She says words like "aggressive", ponders life and asks big questions these days, and has greaduated into needed privacy in the bathroom.  She makes her brother laugh in a way all her own, loves pink and Barbie.  She sees the world through innocent eyes and still sees the good in all people and things.  She loves ice cream, movie nights and her dog Daysie. She does not like green beans or sad things.  She is a lover of her friends, summer time and Jesus.  She is the most special girl I know, and by far the greatest thing I have ever done.  I am honored to be her mom and will forever praise our God for trusting us with her.  Happy birthday, lovebug. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Sweet Marleigh! Hope your day is filled with magic and memories!
    Love, The Vallejos

    ReplyDelete