1

1

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Change

We have had a great February. 


We started out with Tater's party, I attended an awesome women's retreat/conference, and we celebrated Ned's birthday.  Somewhere in there we also bought a minivan.  Oh, yeah.  We are cool now.


And I realized that although I have gone through quite a bit of change in the last 6 years, it still kills me. 


I cried when we left my 12 year old 4 Runner at the car dealership.  Seriously.  Cried. 


I have had that car since I was a single woman.  It saw my marriage, drove us to our honeymoon, brought two kids home from the hospital, moved me 4 times across our great state and kept us safe. 
I am not one to attach to material things.  I love nice things and I take care of them, but they do not own me.  But, leaving that car hurt. 


I was explaining this to a dear friend of mine, and in her infinite wisdom she told me, "saying goodbye to things that have blessed us and been a part of so many memories is hard."  Yes.  Yes it is. 


So, this is a big ol' shout out to Goldilocks.  I pray that she blesses another owner as she richly blessed us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment