1

1

Monday, May 24, 2010

"You're in my shot mom!"


We had our family pictures taken here at the house yesterday.  It was really relaxed and fun, which is what we wanted.  (Correction: what I wanted.  Ned would rather go to the dentist than have his picture taken.)

It was warm but windy and Mar was a cutie.  The photographer, Tawny Hurst from Pleasanton (who was a doll, by the way!) was taking pics of Mar in her room in her rocking chair then she suggested that I sit with her for a few shots.  Mar pitched a fit, and pushed me away saying "Mama, no!" like I was in her shot or something.  It was hilarious.  She kept asking Tawny to see the pictures after she took them, just like she does with me.  What a turkey!

I was glad we shot the pics at our house.  I love this house. It is tiny, certainly is not new and has certain quirks only a homeowner can endure, but it is our home--the first home Ned and I bought as stable adults and I love its charm and story.  I was glad that we captured the place we live in these pictures and those memories will be pure and sacred for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment