Things have been busy, as usual. We have been visiting family or hosting family for the last two weekends and it has been wonderful.
Marleigh is getting funnier each day. Her personality is emerging in the best ways-- the things she picks up and then repeats days later crack me up.
Her favorite thing to do is to "help" me in the kitchen. I cook everyday usually, because eating out is just such a money-sucker! So, she likes to stand on her chair and watch what I do at the island and the stove.
The other day she made soup with her water cup and her goldfish crackers. She was so proud of herself! She had her mixing spoon and was going to town. After about 15 minutes her soup was a lovely eggplant color full of mushy goldfish crackers. (They were the colored cheddar ones, mind you.)
This brought back such precious memories of me and my mom in the kitchen as a little girl. We pretended that we had a cooking show (long before Food Network made this cool.) I would help her and we would narrate all our actions for the "camera." Cheesy? Yes, but for those of you that have seen me and mama in action, this comes as no surprise. I thought, and still think, that my mom could cook anything and food from her kitchen tastes better than anyone else's. I hope that Mar grows up with that feeling, too.



No comments:
Post a Comment