I think my new favorite hobby is meal planning and grocery budgeting. Hi, my name is Morgan and I am a nerd.
Now I am not near the expert level that some women are (Some women can feed a family of four on $40 a week. What?) But, I am working the sales, the coupons and yes, creating some meal plans that make use of our leftovers and the loss leaders out there.
I use the weekly flier for HEB and then make my plan and then scout my coupons. Yes, it takes time, but I am seeing an improvement in our overall grocery bills. I LOVE online coupons and Facebook pages that feature savings--genius!
So, my meal plan this week consists of: (of course the plan is just for dinners and lunch usually takes care of itself with leftovers...)
Friday:
Brown Bag Burritos and rice
Saturday:
Chicken Lasagna and salad
Sunday:
glorious leftovers (we have Bible study Sunday night and cooking before hand ain't happening.)
Monday:
Taco Casserole
Tuesday:
Stuffed Crust Pizza and sauteed zuchinni
Wednesday:
Brown Bag Burritos again (I work this day 1/2 day and mama is tired..)
So, we will see how this week goes, I will report back next week with a new plan. My life is so exciting, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I read this awhile ago and meant to post, haha. I am a nerd right with you! I get such a great feeling of accomplishment once I'm done and I know I am saving money for the week by being on top of the planning! And I love finding new recipes, I love buying cookbooks and I've finally stopped and have made it a point use at LEAST one new recipe a week out of them until I've gone through them all and have my favorites..that's a task but it's fun. I also love the site BigOven.com. I have the app on my phone and love searching for new stuff that's realistic for my family. This week I am gonna try making pumpkin whoopie pies, yummm! I love fall and yes I know that's not a meal but it's new and looks good!
ReplyDelete