Our day generally starts at 6 am sharp--Marleigh's internal clock is set to wake up the same time EVERY DAY. I know those random children who sleep to 8 or 8:30, but we are not one of them. This is fine, as Ned and I are both morning folks (translated for all you non-morning people: ANNOYING and CHIRPY!)
I love waking up before the light creeps in our living room and the way Mar squeals with delight as she runs in to wake Daysie from sleeping on the couch. I love her mussed hair and ruppled jammies. I love talking with Ned about the upcoming day over our steaming coffee... such promise in a new day. And even if my day may only include a trip for groceries and a library visit, I love knowing that the whole day awaits.
This morning, I made a new French toast recipe that we enjoyed. Sadly, I did not get in the oven in time to serve any to Ned. (Bad wife...)
This morning Marleigh decided to take off her jammy top, as to be comfortable while taking out every piece of tupperware I own, I guess. We snapped some sleepy head pictures...
Today, Marleigh used the word "amazing" for the first time and blew me away. She says the most random things these days... and keeps us laughing. I need to write down all the Marleigh-isms each day so I can keep up...
You seem like the most awesome mom.... you inspire me Morgan!
ReplyDeleteI wished my man was a morning person. I never was until I was happily forced to five years ago. Now I am up uber early and excited for the hot coffee I will drink and water my flowers.
ReplyDeleteYour mornings sound glorious.