Our weekend, although physically uneventful as we were in town (yea!) had some ups and downs.
The contract we were hoping would come on the house fell through. The potential buyer ended up wanting to rent and we are just not into that idea, so we are still on the market, folks! Cue my sad face, here. But, I know that God has another perfect buyer in mind for us and all we have to do is wait. Waiting. I am so horrible at that, but I am going to learn to enjoy the time we have here in this sweet little house with our sweet little friends.
Our sweet neighbor, Hilda, surprised us over the weekend with our own pet Monarch caterpillers! She brought them over for Marleigh and we have such fun watching them grow. One has already cocooned and the other two are munching away and fattening themselves up for that as well. Ned is really into it, which makes me smile.
Over the weekend we also decided to put Marleigh in a, drumroll, please: a double bed. She has been getting used to napping in the basement in one and when she stayed at Doodle and Papa's slept in one as well. Plus, when Daddys is gone the nugget is sleeping with me. She has proclaimed for several nights that she no longer liked her bed (her converted crib-toddler thing) and we were having fits getting her to sleep at night. So, Saturday afternoon we all sacrificed her nap and set up her new bed. The neat part is, I had the same bed when I was her age. My mom bought it years ago and she even had it before I was born. I used it in college in my apartment and we have used it as a guest bed since we married. A family antique!
It was hard to dissassemble the crib/toddler bed. I teared up a bit when the last screw came out and we moved that little mattress away. It just seems like each day she is a little different, a little more grown. I love the stage we are in right now-- so happy and curious. And funny-- my girl cracks us up! For example, the other night we were awakened by a sick dog and had to clean up a massive pile of dog vomit at 2:30 am. (Daysie has been sick in a horrible gastrointestinal sense for days now. Fun.) Anyway, we have to creep through Mar's room to get to ours and as we did, she woke up, sat up and proclaimed, "Hey! What's going on, you two?" We lost it. We all laughed and then explained our whereabouts and eased her back to sleep.
Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment