1

1

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Time flying by...

Where have the weeks gone?  We have had our house on the market since February and I really feel like I took a long nap, woke up and three months had flown by.

Our Easter was wonderful.  We hunted eggs not once, not twice, but THREE times this year with Marleigh.  Our Mom's Club hunted at the park and our sweet church had an Easter egg hunt and huge outreach on the Saturday before the big day.  Mar did not fair too well at that one.  Bless her sweet heart, she just could not keep up with the bigger kids.  We ended up having Easter dinner at our house again this year with our dear friends the Waterburys and the James.  So, we had another hunt in our backyard that evening and Mar loved it. 

Marleigh and Madi at Pecan Park...

At the church hunt...

At home in our own backyard...

Then, we spent my birthday  (and my dad's birthday) in Austin with my parents, Doodle and Papa.  We stayed in the historic and gorgeous Driskill Hotel.  It was only one night, but we had a fabulous time and packed in some sweet memories.  The highlight for me was our dinner.  We decided to go to Ruth's Chris steakhouse to celebrate me and Papa's birthdays.  I was a tad nervous about taking our 2 1/2 year old to such an upscale restuarant, but she was wonderful.  She had veal ravioli (I DID not tell her what she was eating, she would have had a coronary...) and sat patiently through our 2 hour dinner like a champ!  Proud mommy moment...


D and P and Mar in front of the hotel.
Birthday boy and dessert!
On the way home we decided to head to the riverwalk for a walk and a drink.  Always fun and I will miss our close proximity to this fun area when we move.

Watching the ducks.



In May we have stayed close to home, but spent time at the Farmer's Market at Pearl and the zoo.  We are enjoying time together and love it that Daddy's schedule is a little more fleixble now.   We are still waiting for the house to sell.  I keep telling Ned that each showing is like a first date and I am always waiting for the guy (the potential buyer) to call me after.  Sigh.  But, we are confident that the right buyer is out there and God will show us His plan in good time. 

With our radishes at the Farmer's Market.

At the zoo.

Lately, Mar is completely into Strawberry Shortcake and Lady and Tramp.  She is gets so engrossed the movies and then plays pretend with the characters for hours around the house.  Her imagination is so active these days and the things she says are so clever and humorous.  Being her mama is the greatest joy in my life.  I cannot imagine being without my little sidekick. 

I also got let go from my position at the hospital this month.  (Funny how I forgot this detail until near the end of my posting.)  I knew my good fortune of working from home would not last forever.  Things have changed a lot in the last year at the hospital and I saw the handwriting on the wall.  It is truly the closing of a chapter in my life and it has caused me to stop and really take stock of my life and my career thus far.  I am happy to report that no job, no title and no paycheck could possibly validate me more than being a mom.  So, for now I am the happiest stay at home mom you could meet.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment