1

1

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Home sweet home

Well, what a couple of weeks.  As most of you know reading this, last week we were riding the high seas on our cruise.  That means that I left my little nugget for 8, I repeat, 8 long days with my folks.  How did she do you might ask?  FINE!  No, great in fact.  As long as we are on this subject, I might add that she is still asking to go back to Doodle and Papa's house.  (Their BEAUTIFUL house she adds for emphasis, you know.)

I was a wreck on day one and day two, but once we were on the boat on Monday, I was a little better only because I figured I could not swim home from the ocean to McKinney and live.  Sigh. 

But, we did have a few fun moments and there is no one I laugh more with than my hubby.  It was mostly a work trip for him, but we did have some great memories and met some terrific people that I know we will keep in touch with for years.

Our dinner mates, Bobby and Melinda from TN.  Two of the nicest people I have ever met.  Seriously.

Waiting for Clint Black to start in Fort Lauderdale.


All dressed up and no where to go but the cigar and wine bar.
So, now back to reality.  And craziness.  We have gone back and forth with a potential buyer for the house.  It looks like things may be a go for a contract soon!  I am so excited and a little worried at the same time.  We will be heading back north to look for a house very soon... Although the thought of leaving this little house that I love, our church, and all of our dear friends here in south Texas makes me nauseous, I know that we are doing the best thing for our family and I am excited about a new adventure.

Since we are back home, I am trying to do normal things again.  Like baking!! Here is our treat of the week...Rice Krispie Treat flowers and butterflies.  (And a random heart that Mar snuck in.  What a stinker!)




Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment