I had to get this down on the blog before I forgot about it...
Today while spending quality with Mar while she was on the potty, we were having one of our usual deep, meaningful discussions. I was explaining that our next door neighbors, who are twins, were in their mommy's tummy at the same time together. I then explained that it was just Mar in my tummy when she was born. She looked at me and asked one of the questions I have been dreading... "How did I get out of your tummy, Mama?" "Did I crawl out... but where... how?" In true mommy-avoidance behavior, I said, "Well, you just came out!" Now, knowing my child like I do, this explanation simply would not do. She then pointed to my side below my ribs and said, "From here?" I sighed with relief and said, "Yep!" She then asked me if it hurt and I told her yes, but I did not care because I wanted to meet her so badly. She smiled a little angelic smile and then, she licked my arm and giggled. Ahhh, moments with my girl just warm my heart.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment