We just started our fourth official week of homeschooling and I must say it has been such a blessing to our family. Marleigh is doing so well. I had high expectations since she loves to learn so much and she is meeting and exceeding those expectations.
Now, that being said, we still have days when everything is not perfect. (I love how some homeschooling mom blogs represent this home educating utopia. Can I come live with them?)
| Tate was not feeling the craft. And did not want to say, "cheese."
|
So, for now homeschooling is our focus. The kids are also having a great time once a week at our homeschooling co-op in Weatherford.
Mar is taking dance lessons weekly, and is doing really well with it. She loves her little friends and seems to be learning quite a bit. She still has terrible stage fright, so we are touch and go on the spring recital. We shall see...
And, Tate. Sweet Tate. He is talking more and more each day and keeping us laughing. His little personality is so unique and wonderful. I am in awe of how much I love my little boy.
Tate at his last well doctor visit.
The biggest blessing of homeschooling, that I have really embraced but did not expect, is the wonderful way it is preserving our family dynamic. My kids bicker, yes, but they also have this profound love and bond that just fascinates me. Home educating Marleigh (and Tate later) has given us all a chance to be together and foster those bonds even more.
Blessed...
No comments:
Post a Comment