1

1

Friday, December 31, 2010

Don't rush me...

Well, this week has been so great!  Ned took off all week to tend to getting the house in tip-top (selling!) shape... he is so talented and handy, I swear he can do anything! 

We took a family trip to San Antonio yesterday to, drumroll... buy our new TV!  We have been waiting almost a year to replace our Samsung that went out, and we are living the high life now!  It is funny how when you deny yourself something simple like that, and then go and do it, you appreciate it even more!  We are not your average people, I suppose.  We do not spend money very well and when we have a big purchase to make, we put it off until the right time.  So, back to the basement with Ned's 11 year old "bachelor" TV as I call it...

We also went to Home Depot which Marleigh just loved...


Then we headed over to Chick-Fil-A which we all love.  Of course, Mar inhaled her food so she could go play with the other kiddos on the indoor playground.  (She kept asking if it was her turn, as if they were going to call her number like at the DPS office... loved it.)  So, in our recent visits to the restaurant she always climbs up the stairs, but always backs out and comes down instead of going down the slide.  She has gotten closer to actually doing it each time we go, but I think the enclosed nature of the slide scares her a bit.  I never pressure, just encourage.  Well, this time some older girls escorted her up the steps and low and behold, down the slide she went.  It just tickled me... her little personality is so interesting.  Already at 28 months, her little stubborn, analytical tendencies are apparent.  She was not to be rushed... she would do it when she was ready.  She cannot be pushed into anything she does not want to do, and I think it is great.  Sure, it makes some negotiations difficult for us at times, but in the long run, I think it will serve her well. 

Little Miss Independent with her carriage Santa brought.

So, for now we are focusing on the big move and potty training. She has made great strides in the last few days and has pee-peed in the potty four consecutive times!  I am so proud of her progress...

Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment