1

1

Monday, December 6, 2010

I am the laziest blogging mommy... seriously.  Things have been busy as usual and finding the time to write and capture things has taken a back seat.  Bad mommy!

We spent Thanksgiving with my parents in McKinney and had an extended visit while Ned traveled to Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri.  (Thanks honey for taking one for the team!)
It was a great visit and we got to do the things we never have "time" to do on regular weekend visits:  Like shop!  Yea!  It was fun shopping with Mom and Mar for the first time in a long time, and not just the buying part.  We had a great day and had lunch and just time together. 

Then, home again!  I am trying to get things moving with my jewelry and I have had some pretty good success just by accident... I was not even going to mess with it this year with the pending move and all, but I jumped in and I am so glad I did.  I am enjoying having the creative outlet again. 

We put up our tree in mid-November (quiet, all you haters out there!) so when we got home last week it was just time to organize and get gift shopping done.  We are planning on taking Mar down to the river one night, and doing some things here locally before we hit the road again...

Today we made gingerbread cookies... I thought it would be fun, but it turned into an even better time than I had imagined.  Mar was so "hands on"  (ahem, look at her hands... and they are still pink as I type.)
We made a whole Dunbar gingerbread family complete with our two cats and dog.  We had a blast... even Daddy came up from his office to snap pics. 



I have been feeling overwhelmed lately, with the stress of "getting it all done" which I am sure that any mom, or woman for that matter, reading this can relate to.  It is hard this time of year to keep your focus on what it is truly about... our Savior, first and foremost, and our family and friends.  I have a renewed committmetn today to just let it go and do my best when it comes to covering it all... and try to enjoy the gingerbread moments!

1 comment:

  1. Love the cookies. I was just talking about how we need to make one this year, but I think our of sugar cookies as my kids done like gingerbread. So cute. Way to go enjoying that cutie.

    ReplyDelete